Finding Joy: Parenting Bliss


Download a copy here.


Finding Joy!

Parenting. The toughest job in the world. There is no question. Recently, Dr. Johnson-Quijada, MD, of FriendtoYourself.com shared a guest post with us, Parenting Begins with Me.  She asked me to respond in kind.  Of course, I jumped at the chance! The post had to do with putting your own oxygen mask on first. You can read Oxygen Masks and the Big Easy here.

When we ponder self-care, we recognize that part of that equation includes doing something every day that brings us joy. Yep! Every. Day. 

No slackers allowed.

So, what is it that makes you sing? What makes you feel alive, content and satisfied?

Sometimes, You Have to Go Out of
Your Way to Find Happiness

When my kids were younger, it meant getting up at 5 a.m. (and trust me, I am not a morning person) to get some uninterrupted time to read! I can vizualize myself curled up on one corner of the couch, java in hand and soaking in the written word without anybody asking anything of me...for exactly one half hour. It was sheer nirvana. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Need some place to brainstorm and jot down some ideas of things that you need to do rejuvenate, relax and undwind?

I'm glad you asked! Simply print out "My Parenting Bliss List" and be on your way to a happier tomorrow. Grab your copy here.

Comments

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...